Saturday, March 23, 2013

Personal Childhood Web

My Father
This awesome man right here is my father. Growing up he was my inspiration. He was very stern about my education. Most kids got to go outside and play. In my father house we read books, played chess, and just enjoyed each other company. I use to think who teaches there kids how to play chess at such an early age. I honestly couldn't stand that game. I t wasn't until I got older that I understood why my father played that game with me. He told me that playing chess stimulated my mind and made me think slowly instead of quickly. My father is the reason I made it to college. He always sat with me to do homework, read books, and he never missed a parent teacher conference. Although he is no longer with me whenever I enroll in school or graduate from school I thank him for his guidance. I miss you dad and your sunshine is still furthering her education!
  
My Big/Little Sister
 My sister is my best friend. We are actually 16 months apart. I always say she is my big/little sister because she is the oldest but I'm taller than her. As a child we did everything together. My favorite childhood memory of us have to been when we played school together. Although she was the oldest she would always allow me to be teacher because she told me "Lynette your smart". That always made me feel special because I was the little sister teaching the big sister. I love my sister very much and I am thankful that she kept me close to her. She walked me to school and she always protected me. Nobody couldn't mess with her little sister. Now my parents have 11 children however, everyone always said that my sister and I were like twins. Currently, she still pushes me even when I want to give up and I'm still reminded constantly that "Lynette your smart"


My Grandmother
 I love and miss my grandmother dearly. She was the heart of the family. My grandmother always made me feel important. Every holiday she made sure the family came together for dinner.She taught me the importance of being strong and always follow my heart. Sundays was always spent with grandmom. I knew that every Sunday consisted of going to church, dinner, and fun time. She showed me what UNITY really meant and how it was essential for the family to always stay connected. Before leaving my grandmother home she would always give me a hug and kiss and say I love you. I would give anything for one of those warm hugs.
   
My Mother

My mother is truly a blessing. Most of my childhood I lived with my mother. On the weekends and during the summer is when I stayed with my father. Living with my mother taught me many things. I learned how cook, clean, and be responsible. I loved how she me taught how to cook and then allowed me to have one day out of the week to cook dinner for the family. Now of course in the beginning the food probably was nasty but with much practice my mother taught me how to make it better to everyone liking. She always made my siblings and I eat dinner together at the family table. During this time is when everyone could talk about there day and what exciting news they had. My mother is my number one supporter. No matter what I wanted to do she was always right there. I remember when I wanted to play football in school how she never told me no. I knew it was a sport for boys and that it was a rough sport. However, my mother still supported me. She came and watched me get knocked down at trial outs. I love her for that because she knew it was a crazy idea but she stood by side with the first aide kit.

I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for these people playing a key role in my life. Although my father and grandmother are no longer with me I carry them in my heart. I always remember what they taught me and any chance I get I try to teach what they taught me to my nieces and nephews. My sister believes in me which pushes me to further my education. When I made my decision to switch careers my mother already knew and she said "You can do it". I'm very thankful for my support system because they are the ones who keep me on track.


3 comments:

  1. I love your post and how close your are to your family. My mother, sister and I are very close. we love spending time together. We always have a great time when we are together. Family is very important to our upbringing and impact our lives tremendously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynette I love your post! When you write about your grandmother I cried. I am so happy for you that you had such a great support system! I too had a wonderful grandmother, and I miss her every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved the idea about your mom allowing you to cook once out the week. I think I may incorporate that idea into my family's as my daughter gets a bit older. I also admire the tribute to your father that was very beautiful and heartwarming to read

    ReplyDelete